Confession.....

A little over a month ago my very good friend George Lange contacted me regarding a photo shoot.  He was coming to DC for the first time since I've known him and needed a local assistant.  I said yes with no hesitation.  Any time with George is quality for me.

We were shooting the 8.28 Glenn Beck rally.  I got a bit of run around from George's studio manager about who we were shooting for.  I figured whatever magazine, it was really an interesting moment of history to witness.  And I definitely needed the money.  Turned out we were shooting for Glenn Beck himself.

Standing in the crystal ballroom of the Willard hotel in DC at 6:30 am with Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and the people who paid thousands of dollars to be there; I realized how disgusting I felt.  Luckily I was never formally introduced, I dont think I would have been capable of shaking hands.  I'm the girl who started a fundraising group against Sarah Palin!  There was no way.  But it was a job and i did it.   I wont say anything about the rally because as luck has it, you can see for yourselves soon enough.

Glenn Beck is publishing a book.  Apparently he is using a bunch of my images.  I got an interesting call to let me know and ask me if I wanted credit.  What a strange feeling, to not know.  I'm being published!  I'm a photographer, this is something I could put on my resume.  If it was anything else.

I took the credit.  I have no details on the book, I'm sure we'll all hear about it at some point.  I took the credit because its my work and I stand behind it, always.  I just hope that whoever picks up the book sees what I saw, a bunch of people seriously lacking in tact and information.

No comments: